Even Though: We are sometimes foolish


I'm a Christian, a wife to Lester for 34 years, a mother to three great kids, a grandmother to five. I'm also a writer and Published author.

What I'm not is perfect. On any given day I am sure to mess up in dozens of ways. I will be impractical and make decisions that will hurt my family, my finances or my future. I will be impatient and say or do something to annoy, distract, or damage others. I will be impulsive and allow my anger, my frustration or my sadness to lead me into sinning against my God and others. I WILL BE IMPERFECT. It's who I am.

Yet, even though I'm not yet who I could be in Christ, He loves me anyway! God loves me anyway!


Friday, February 21, 2014

We are sometimes foolish

For the message about the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 
~1 Corinthians 1:18 NSRV


My friend Samantha recently confided in me that her feelings had been bruised by the actions of a friend. The friend had “hidden” Sam’s Facebook posts from her own page. In other words, she had made it so that nothing Sam posted could be seen by her. When the friend let this slip to Sam, she was offended. She asked, “Why did you do that? I thought we were friends… What could I have been posting that was awful enough for you to feel the need to block me?” The friend replied, “I just didn’t like your overall message.”

So, what was Sam’s “overall message”?
Many of her postings on Facebook have to do with Christianity. She talks about the love of Christ, Salvation through Him, and Christian living. Apparently, this overall theme is offensive to her friend.

For some, the message that God exists and is the Salvation for our souls is a foolish one--to some people. They don’t believe. Their unbelief will lead to their sorrow

For those of us who do believe, the Good News of Christ Jesus is a powerful anchor we cling to in the storm. It is God’s power; it is our power. For me, the knowledge that God is the keeper of my soul does more than anchor me…it sets me free!


Father, I pray for those who read this message today. Let them be sheltered from the foolishness of unbelievers. Fill them with your power and set them free in your love. I pray in the confidence you gave when you said, “ask and it will be given to you.” Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment