Even Though: Jesus Loves Me


I'm a Christian, a wife to Lester for 34 years, a mother to three great kids, a grandmother to five. I'm also a writer and Published author.

What I'm not is perfect. On any given day I am sure to mess up in dozens of ways. I will be impractical and make decisions that will hurt my family, my finances or my future. I will be impatient and say or do something to annoy, distract, or damage others. I will be impulsive and allow my anger, my frustration or my sadness to lead me into sinning against my God and others. I WILL BE IMPERFECT. It's who I am.

Yet, even though I'm not yet who I could be in Christ, He loves me anyway! God loves me anyway!


Thursday, February 13, 2014

Jesus Loves Me

Proverbs 13:20
He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm.


Don't you wish we knew things long before we needed to know them?  


For example, no one knows how humiliating it is to discover they've been to three stores, the hair dresser's and Kentucky Fried chicken with the seam blown out of the back of their pants... until the pants come off to go in the hamper.  

No one knows how hard it is to lose a friend until they do.  

No one knows how tough it really is to live with a broken heart ...until their heart has been broken. 

The Bible tells us that we grow wiser if we walk with the wise. In other words... we can learn from the experience of others.

In that spirit, let me share with you something I've learned along the way...


Not everyone you meet is going to like you.  

So what?  

I can't tell you how much time I've wasted wondering why "So-and-So" didn't like me; why this one or that one didn't cozy up to me like a warm blanket on a cold night.   

I've made myself sick worrying about the why's and the what-did-I-do's. I've agonized over the should haves, the could haves and the would haves. I've made an idiot out of myself trying way too hard to force those people who don't like me...to like me.

And what I learned--way too late--was the harder I tried the less they liked me. So why try? 

There are plenty of people in this world who do like me, who think I'm great, who think I'm funny, interesting and even cool.  

And if the number of people who feel that way about me never rises above a single digit... So what?

The only person whom I NEED to love me is Jesus...well, Jesus and my mother. And, they do. So I'm set!

No comments:

Post a Comment